PHYSICIAN CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION INFORMATION
The American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AGA Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In accordance with the ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education, all faculty and planning partners must disclose any financial relationship(s) or other relationship(s) held within the past 12 months. The AGA Institute implements a mechanism to identify and resolve all conflicts of interest prior to delivering the educational activity to learners.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
- Adam Cheifetz, MD, has affiliations with Consulting: AbbVie, Pfizer, Samsung, Takeda.
- Uma Mahadevan, MD, has affiliations with Consulting: AbbVie, Celgene, Janssen, Pfizer, Takeda, UCB Pharma; Grant Support: Prometheus Laboratories.
- David Schwartz, MD, has affiliations with Consulting: AbbVie, Janssen, Takeda, Tigenix, UCB Pharma; Grant Support: AbbVie, UCB Pharma.
- Robin Dalal, MD, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
RMEI Medical Education, LLC
- Jacqui Brooks, MBBCh, MRCPsych, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Tania Dickson, PhD, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Amy Reeve has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Nora Hartley has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Sandra Megally Amos has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Maura H. Davis has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patients' conditions and possible contraindications and/or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer's product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Estimated time to complete: 0.75 hours
There is no fee for this educational activity.
This activity is supported by independent educational grants from AbbVie, Shire, and Takeda Pharmaceuticals, USA, Inc.
HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
By reviewing the course content and successfully completing the activity, physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants are entitled to receive up to 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. A statement of credit will be available to print from your user history page. Users must:
- Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the activity.
- Complete the activity evaluation.
Physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who successfully complete the self-assessment questions and evaluation will receive CME credit. You must score 75% or higher on the self-assessment test to receive credit for this activity. All other participants who successfully complete the activity and evaluation will receive a certificate of participation.